Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis to make the date selection base on anther Date Field

In my example , these is Column SDate and EDate  and the dashboard , there is only one Year and Month selection for the user

Some of my report is base on the SDate and some of the report is base on the EDate

So i need to use to set analysis to override the date selection .

count({<YearSDate=,MonthSDate=,YearEDate={$(=vYear)},MonthEDate={$(=vMonth)}>}recCount)

I am now using a variable to store the selection , it can make it work when both Year and Month is selected .

However ,if no Year or Month is selection , all record are filtered out. That the problem ..

Anyone can help ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have a look at the attached document.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I suggest that you make vYear and vMonth based on the maximum date, rather than the selected date. They will then contain the most recent date if nothing is selected, or the selected date if one date is selected, or the most recent selected date if multiple days are selected.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have a look at the attached document.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Can i have more detail on the function p() please

sum({<End_Date = p(Date)>}Value)

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Function p() is used when you need to have set expression on set expression.

Here in our example p() function includes all the dates from the DataIsland table.

Let me explain you the expession working.

In the expression written we are saying that give me the sum of values where the End_Date is ( include all the Date) Here the date is coming from DataIsland table. So when you select the month shown in example the Dates withh get filter.

Consider you selected Jan. So your Date Field will contains the date from 1st Jan 2011to 31 Jan 2011

So now you will get the sum of values for the end_Date where month is Jan.

Hope this is clear to you.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

One more question ...

My situation is,  there are 20 reports for my dashboard

17 of it is using  EDate and only 3 reports are looking at the SDate.

If i using the DataIsland  for the selection, every report i will need to add the set analysis

So i trying to use the  DataIsland  for that 3 reports only . The dashboard keep using the EDate for selection so no change for that 17 reports.

When i select the Time Dimension , i add action to select the same value on the dataIsland .

But i face the problem of mult-selection . When i select 2 Year , the action can't select perform the same result

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Will you please tell me in what way you are trying to implement it., So that i can suggest you any solution for that.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Attached the example file:

When multi-selection , there would be the problem