Skip to main content
Announcements
Announcing Qlik Talend® Cloud and Qlik Answers™ to accelerate AI adoption! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ob
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Set Analysis in QlikView 10, variable problem

Hi,

I have this expression:

=TextCount({$<DUEDATE={"<$(=Date(Today()+0,'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss'))"},COMPLETEDVOIDED={0}>} DISTINCT WORKORDER)

If I try to use a variable (with the value 0) instead of the 0, I get wrong result:

=TextCount({$<DUEDATE={"<$(=Date(Today()+$(NumberOfDays),'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss'))"},COMPLETEDVOIDED={0}>} DISTINCT WORKORDER)

Can anyone see what is wrong?

Thanks!

Øystein Birkeland

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Attached with answer.

Your variable needs to be

vValue

=Timestamp(Today()+numberOfDays)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

Why dont you store both Today()+ variable into a variable say vValue and then use that variable

TextCount({$<DUEDATE={"<$(vValue)"},COMPLETEDVOIDED={0}>} DISTINCT WORKORDER)

Attached is a simple example. Please take a look at the variable created in Settings called vDate and the expression.

ob
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks!

Seems to work in your enclosed example, but not in mine, I'm afraid! I guess it then have to do with the date format of DUEDATE and the variable vValue.

DUEDATE comes from a Oracle Select like this "TRUNC( table.workorder_duedate AS DUEDATE".

In my loading script I have defined vValue just to let it have a default value: LET vValue = Today();

My expression looks like this now:

=TextCount({$<DUEDATE={"<$(vValue)"},COMPLETEDVOIDED={0}>} DISTINCT WORKORDER )

Any thoughts?

Not applicable

Possible to attach a sample file.

ob
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks!

I've attached the app. You will find the expression on the Gauge, Properties, Presentation, Text in Chart. The correct number should be 1579 since all records have a duedate that is earlier than today!

With the slider I set the variable numberOfDays that should be added to Today() !

Not applicable

Attached with answer.

Your variable needs to be

vValue

=Timestamp(Today()+numberOfDays)

ob
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you very much! This works fine!