Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis - Exclude and give unique count

Hi,

I am facing a challenge when using set analysis to output a straight table (count) chart to find unique counts in particular categories.

Let say we have for example the following data:

CategoryName
AAllyson Wiltshire
ALonnie Spillane
ATyrone Thorington
BAllyson Wiltshire
BChandra Saum
BJavier Weaks
BMilagros Helling
BPenelope Magyar
CAllyson Wiltshire
CCody Goodner
CKurt Clever
CLonnie Spillane
CPenelope Magyar

From the above data I wish to extract the unique count of each category. For example, category A has only 1 name as the other names can be found in other categories; as for example Lonnie Spillan can be found also in category C. Category B has 3 names, Chandra Saum, Javier Weaks, Milagros Helling. Category C has 2 names Cody Goodner, Kurt Clever; as for example Penelope Magyar can be found also in category B.

In summary the output should be:

A = 1 {Tyrone Thorington}

B = 3 {Chandra Saum, Javier Weaks, Milagros Helling}

C = 2 {Cody Goodner, Kurt Clever}

Is it possible to perform this in set analysis? Attached is a qlikview file so that we can experiment with the data.

Thanks for your help

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Chris,

See attached.  In the script, first count the amount of times each name occurs.  Then use this counter in your set analysis.

Hope this helps,

Jason

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Chris,

See attached.  In the script, first count the amount of times each name occurs.  Then use this counter in your set analysis.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

Thanks a lot for your reply. You really helped me out. Now what I'm after is another step. How can apply set analysis to the other possible category combination? For example in A,B but not C; A and C but not B, A and B and C; etc

Regards

Chris

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Not sure I completely follow.  Using the above data, please give a table of your expected results.

Not applicable
Author

I managed to do it using aggregated concat on a calculated dimension (see attached). However if you have a lot of data (around 1,000,000 rows) it's proving impossible with a 6GB RAM laptop. Probably I will have to do it in a load script.