Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server Objects

Dear community,

I've been looking to solve a problem in our current server setup. Everytime a user opens on of the dashboards and creates a selection within the document, a server objects is created so the next time the user opens the same document, her selections will still be there.

Some like this option, but we do not this to be allowed.

Therefor I look for the allowance of server objects creation and noticed in our QVMS that a message appears 'Server Objects are prohibited by document'. (see picture below).

Tried looking for a solution, but did not find one. Can anyone help me with finding out where the prohibited by document option can be turned off?

ServerObjects.jpg

Regards,

Sijmen

Conclusion:

* Server Object creation is maintained on Server level (Via QVMS) and via Document level (Document properties -> Server)

Thanks!

5 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Application->Settings->Document properties->Server -> 'Allow Server Objects'

Not applicable
Author

Can you check in System -> Setup -> (choose the server) -> Documents for "Allow Server Objects"?

Capture.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

AllowServerObjects.jpg
Cheers!

Not applicable
Author

Yes just checked this. When I turned on 'Allow Server Objects' in the Document properties. The prohibited message disappears from the QVMS. Thank you!

Not applicable
Author

Dear community,

I want to reopen this topic because I still get bookmarks when users make a selection in the document involved with these settings.

ServerObjects2.jpg

Server objects are disabled in the document as well in the QVMC. I now have to manually delete the bookmarks each week. Am I missing something?

Regards,

Sijmen