Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selection from a hierarchy

Hi,

We are started working on QlikView recently......we are developing a Dashboard in QV, so i need help on this.....

In my Dashboard i have hierarchy like 

--Hardware,

--Servers

--Storage

-- Desktops

--Firewall

-- Software,

--Databases

--MiddleWare

--Applications

--Desktop

--Engineering

--Finance

-- IT

--Manufacturing

--Sales

--Service

From this hierarchy if we select Servers that servers sheet has todisplay, if we select Storage that sheet has to display....etc(servers,storage,desktops,firewalls....etc all are indivusal sheets..how can we do this???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please see the attached sample may help you.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

in the the individual sheets from Layout -> Show -> Conditinal

In the Conditional window am using something like:

=if(concat(Treefield)='Hardware', 1,0)

My question is, in the main sheet what we need to do, we have to write any script or any expression.......

Not applicable
Author

If I got your senario right you dont need any other scripting in Main sheet

Not applicable
Author

Krishna plz check my post(replay) in qlick india community

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I am not really sure what the porblem is in this case. So please clarify what your current observation is and what you are expecting to see.

If you wan to trigger conditional show based on the selection in the hierarchy, I would suggest that you use the Hierarchy Path as your trigger field. Let say that your path separator is set to | , then the path to your server would be "Hardware | Servers" .

Not applicable
Author

i will tell you in simple....

in main sheet i have hierarchy like the first post..i have differentsheets with names of servers,desktops,firewalls all sheets areconsisting of some charts....etc

if click on any one of the sheet from hierarchy that sheet has to display.

supposeif i click on servers from hierarchy, servers charts has to populate inthe main sheet like that if i click any one from hierarchy i want todispaly the respective charts in the same main sheet........

how this is possible

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

see the attached file.hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please see the attached sample may help you.

Cheers.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rock/Sunil,

This is what  exactly i want...thank you so much both of you

Rock,

As for your example i was doing like this i have created some sheets like servers,storage, Database...etc

and i created text object like your example.. and in the main sheet i have return the exp in main sheet for conditional display....

but am not getting the result....what is wrong am doing here......i have to do any thing else...????

plz could you please elobrate it.....

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rock i got it, thak you so much.....................