Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Selection Requirements - Urgent ( object level)

Selected areas must have a light blue highlight color of RGB(220, 235, 252) and pixel stroke on top and bottom of RGB( 196, 221,250). Text in the highlighted items must be bold text with color RGB(51,51,51). Other text is regular weight and color RGB (100,100,100). Font size in this area is 11pt.

The above is at an object level. How to achieve this in Qlikview. Please provide the necessary steps / syntax . Is this possible without using a macro.

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This post is urgently required. Please respond to this. How to achieve this in Qlikview.

Or
MVP
MVP

If you have urgent requirements, contact a QlikView consultant or Qlik support...

MK9885
Master II
Master II

We probably require how many dimensions or what dimension and measures you are using?

And upon selection of what the color should change?

Selection of any thing on the dashboard or any particular dimension?

Perhaps a sample app already built from you would be more helpful with an expected output image

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Aehman,

Default selections in qlikview in green. The requirement is on selection say in a current selections box, Selected areas must have a light blue highlight color of RGB(220, 235, 252) and pixel stroke on top and bottom of RGB( 196, 221,250). Text in the highlighted items must be bold text with color RGB(51,51,51). Other text is regular weight and color RGB (100,100,100). Font size in this area is 11pt.

All this should happen based on selection say in a current selections box. Can you please post the syntax to me based on all the above RGB color , text and font conditions. Please read above again . This is based on selection. Best if the solution is macro free. Post me the syntax

Thank you in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Aehman, Correction to the above. Everything is based on object level selection such as selection in a list box. On selection instead of the default green that qlikview gives us, it should be the following

Selected areas must have a light blue highlight color of RGB(220, 235, 252) and pixel stroke on top and bottom of RGB( 196, 221,250). Text in the highlighted items must be bold text with color RGB(51,51,51). Other text is regular weight and color RGB (100,100,100). Font size in this area is 11pt.

Please text me the syntax or steps how to achieve this. Thank you.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Ok, I can see the urgency you have but there is no straight forward syntax you can write... but

Try below link

ListBox color

Or write a Macro which you don't want to

Change selection color

apart from that I do not see any other solution. Maybe you can try creating your own Qlikview theme?

But a single expression is not going to change the default color for Qlik from Green to something else.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If possible give me a syntax.

Colin-Albert

stephen-x.redmond‌ explains how this can be done in his book "QlikView Cookbook for Developers" by modifying the settings.ini file and applying a custom colour scheme.

I am not going to copy out the details from his book here as there are several steps to follow, depending on whether you are looking to do this on a desktop or server system. I suggest you either get a copy, or try this post as suggested earlier.

Change selection color

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Syntax can be given based on objects not overall...
Ex: Current Selection box can have a single expression, Pie Chart or Bar Chart or any table.

But overall you cannot change the color of all the objects or selection made by jut single syntax.

Sorry but you either use Macro or the use an extension in Web mode an it would automatically be use in server.