Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section access using bridge table

hic

I have attached qvw and qvd

Its working on desktop not on access point.I followed your post complex authorization

Thanks in advance

10 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

In this sample you renamed the fields in the first qvd load and stored it again, so your bridge table does not load. Use the new fieldnames e.g.

Load [Reporting/Issuing Office] &'|'& [Local Branch Code] as AuthID, [Reporting/Issuing Office] &'|'& [Local Branch Code] as %AuthID

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am using this qvw for section access

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

?? Yes, what is your point?

In the qvw you attached here, the load for the bridge table is failing as the fieldnames

([Rep-OffOO] &'|'& [Loc-Br-AnalOO])

do not exist because in the load before that you e.g use

[Rep-OffOO] as [Reporting/Issuing Office],

Which you then store into that qvd again

//Bridge Table used for Section Access

Bridge:

Load [Rep-OffOO] &'|'& [Loc-Br-AnalOO] as AuthID, [Rep-OffOO] &'|'& [Loc-Br-AnalOO] as %AuthID  From $(HF_OGIS_QVD)(qvd);

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Piet,

I have corrected the qvd and qvw and uploaded.

same qvw is working on desktop but not working on access point

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Ah ok, what I notice is that the %AuthID field is not completely in capitals. For section access all fieldnames and field values must be in capitals. So try to change the fieldname to %AUTHID

From the help:

All the fields listed in Load or Select statements in the section access must be written in UPPER CASE. Any field name containing lower case letters in the database should be converted to upper case using the upper function, see upper(textexpression), before being read by the Load or Select statement. However the user ID and the password entered by the end-user opening the QlikView documents are case insensitive.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for reply

I have tested that also its working on desktop but not working on access point(failed to open the document).

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The failed to open document message actually suggests that the section access is working but that the user trying to open the document is either not (correctly) in the section access user list and/or there is no data for the user with the restrictions the user has.

I see that you have the domain included in the NTNAME field, can you try without, so instead of

R1-CORE\CBALAKRI

-->

CBALAKRI

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Piet,

its working on desktop for the same(R1-CORE\CBALAKRI)   but not working on access point.

nancypoliti
Contributor II
Contributor II

This is the issue I am having. Was it ever solved?