Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Section Access

Hi all.

need to give the thailand user access to whole EUROPE (all countries) and only to Thailand in APAC region. I do not want to list all EUROPE countries and Thailand in order to achive this. I would like to have something like :

USER, thailand, 1, EUROPE,

USER, thailand, 1, APAC, THAILAND

Is that possible? Please check attached qvw, username : admin, password : 1

Thank you for your help.

6 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You can use "*" (Wildcard) in Section Access. Something like this...

STAR is *;

Please be very careful using the '*' (Wildcard) because it doesn't mean all the values in the Actual Field. It means distinct values you have specified in Section Access Table. Unless you have specified all the distinct values within Section Access.

To overcome this problem you need to load all the Regions and Countries once...probably as concatenated load then you can use "*" wildcard.

However, much cleaner approach would be using most granular field in your dataset and in your case it's Country then do a left join to get all the Countries for Europe. This why it's easy to manage and it works very well.

Please check this thread: http://community.qlik.com/message/247356#247356

I hope this makes sense!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Hi Deepak.

thank you for your excellent answer, really highly appreciated!

However, this is exactly what I was trying to avoid, listing all countries and then using a *. The attached qvw was just a simplified version of the original problem.

But thanks anyway.

Best regards,

Ioannis.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Loannis,

You're most welcome. I'll look at your example and come back to you with a solution without using "*".

Stay tuned!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Loannis,

You're most welcome. I'll look at your example and come back to you with a solution without using "*".

Stay tuned!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Loannis,

Stay tuned!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

jeffmartins
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Ioannis Giakoumakis,

I've had a similar problem and I solved it using an authorization table (with wildcard) linked to the section access table.

Login, password

admin,admin

user1,user1

user2,user2

user3,user3

See the attached file. Hope it helps you.

Regards