Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksasidhars
Creator
Creator

Section Access is not using windows login.

Hi,

I've created the section access which involves USERID alone. It is to implement data security based on windows login. But when I access the application from access point it is again prompting for the user id and password.

I need to make the Qlikview to use the windows signon. Could you please let me know how can I make the qlikview application to use the associated windows login? I need to stop asking the credentials again as it is creating more troubles.

Kindly help me if there is a way. Thanks a lot.

Reagrds,

Sasi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

I believe you need to use NTNAME instead of USERID and that should do the trick.  -Isaiah

View solution in original post

9 Replies
isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

I believe you need to use NTNAME instead of USERID and that should do the trick.  -Isaiah

ksasidhars
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Isaiah,

Thanks for the response. I tried the way you suggested but now I can't even access the application from Access point. It says - Failed to open document, You don't have access to this document.

Can you please let me know if I need to do any settings for the same? Thanks

-Sasi.

Not applicable

As said above, you need to use NTNAME not USERID. If you then can't open the document it's likely because you haven't listed your windows login correctly in the section access table. It should include the domain and be exactly as shown at the top right of the accesspoint with one exception, it needs to either be in all lower or all upper case.

isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

Hmm..can you post your Section Access table?

Have you tried to open the app in a NEW QlikView (desktop) window?  E.g. not just closing out the doc and opening back up, but actually closing out of QlikView completely.  Curious if that will allow you to open it or the same thing you get trying to open in Server.

ksasidhars
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Isaiah& Mattfryer.

Please check my section access table. I tried using both name and domain\name. It returns the above error which I mentioned.

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS,CODE, NTNAME,RID
ADMIN,,TST-USER1
USER,,DOMAIN\TST-USER2,,
USER,V9,TST-USER3,1
USER,V8,TST-USER3,1
];

Section Application;

In this case I tried accessing the application with any of the test users without success. - Sasi

isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

What's up with the CODE -and- RID fields?  I have always joined back to the data with only a single field, so can't speak to much to what works here.  Also assuming that they're both in uppercase in your actual data.

Anyway, take away both of those fields for the time being (leave only ACCESS and NTNAME and see if it works.  If it does, then the issue is in the linking back to your actual data.

ksasidhars
Creator
Creator
Author

Small correction for the above code..

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS,CODE, NTNAME,RID
ADMIN,,TST-USER1
USER,,DOMAIN\TST-USER2,
USER,V9,TST-USER3,1
USER,V8,TST-USER3,1
];

Section Application;

Also, I can open in Desktop with all these users. Thanks - Sasi

ksasidhars
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Isaiah. It works now.

janardhan
Creator
Creator

Hi Isaiah,

I need ur help. I was trying to implement section access and windows authentication.(SSO)

Briefly i will explain how i have configured.

I have created one excel file with the fields like ACCESS , NTNAME, SH01 , SH02, SH03 LIKE THIS

USER, DOMAIN/USERNAME,0,1,1         LIKE THIS THE VALUES ARE THEIR.

In QVW file ,i have loaded the excel file under section access like...and i have checked the option in document properties ->open->Initial data reduction based on section access. saved the document.I have assigned the document cals for that document.

In QEMC , i have configured section access in User documents and we dont have QMC( Publisher) and AD also in my server. I have restarted the Qlikview services and manually reloaded the application in server.Its working fine.

In DSC, ->ldap-> i have added one user e.g my name with windows password( here i have to add or not users with password, i have doubt if the user has changed the windows password then ?)

In QVWS-> Authentication->I have selected the options like  1) Always 2) Ntlm 3) default web browser.

In QVS-> i have selected the options like 1) prohibit anamous 2)domain 3) NTFS

I have checked the app , is section access is working or not , its working fine with given filters or condition.

But i can't able to login through http://localhost/qlikview/FormLogin.html

but i can able to view the app with other link( we have created the link in our intranet site).here is asking the username and password.

here i again dont want to give userid and passwords, for that what i need to do for windows authentication.

Please its very urgent i have searched so many forums in qlikview community but still i didnt achieve this.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance

Janardhan