Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattjd
Contributor II
Contributor II

Search for value in table box with input box

I am very new to QlikView, using the desktop edition V12

I am trying to set up an input box to search a table box for data and if that data is in the table box, a text box will show "x" and if it isnt in the table, it will show "y"

For example, entering 12AB12 in the input box, if the string is in the table, a text box says A and if it isnt, it says B.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm super new to Qlikview and having a hard time with this project.

Labels (1)
  • Other

5 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like below.. 

=Coalesce( Aggr(If(WildMatch(fieldname1, '*$(vinput)*') , 'A'), fieldname1), Aggr(If(WildMatch(fieldname2, '*$(vinput)*') , 'A'), fieldname2), 'B')

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
mattjd
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sorry for the late reply. For clarification, what would fieldname2 be in this equation, I assume fieldname1 is the field in the table box I want to search in?

For reference, the expression I was using in the text box object was this:

if(match($(inputboxvariable), [tableboxfield]), 'A', 'B')

This expression didn't seem able to actually search inside the table box 

marcus_sommer

Please elaborate in more details how your scenario look like - what you really mean with table-box, how many fields are included and why an input-box should be used to search for any matching? Some screenshots would be useful.

mattjd
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I'm trying to create something so a user can type a number in an input box and have a text box show whether or not that value exists in a table.

mattjd_1-1678991046207.png

If I type 5678AB5678 in the input box, the text box would say "A" and if i type 1234AB1234 in the input box, the text box would say "B"

MayilVahanan

Hi

If you have only one field, you can ignore the field 2 

Coalesce( Aggr(If(WildMatch(fieldname1, '*$(vinput)*') , 'A'), fieldname1), 'B')

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.