cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scenario based QlikView Interview Questions

Hi All,

Client asked me a few set of questions which I'm sharing with you to get correct answers:

1. Is there any other way to store tables into QVD than Store command?

My Ans: No but if its a chart then you export the data into Excel and then can store it in Excel format.

2. I have Sum(Sales) and YTD

Suppose: Jan, Feb, March are YTD then I wish to show April to December in Forecast Sales, how to achieve that?

My Ans: Need to do some settings in the Chart by entering some values but I said I forgot. Kindly help me with the link to any thread or video available.

P.S. I won't be able to open the QVW due to licensing issue.

3. HR has selected 2018 and January from respective list boxes. Now, she / he needs to check how many Days does including the National Holidays the Employee had worked in this period in the company.

Tip: National Holiday List is maintained in the Excel FIle say,

Date              Description

1/1/2018          New Year

2/26/2018        Republic Day

My Ans: Not clear but using Date field from Master Calendar we can associate it with the Excel file Date and then in the Text Box we can put count(DaysinMonth) function. I know its wrong, kindly provide the solution to this.

4. On Accept Point, the preview of the Application is given as an Image which is included by Doc Settings-->Opening-->Doc Thumbnail-->Image. Somehow even after loading the QVW correctly, the image is not seen and Qlik Product Logo is displayed. Why?

My Ans: Because the location file specified needs to be from the Shared Path from which we are picking up the Image.

The Client replied "Can you think of any other reason"? I could not.

5. Consider, List Box showing Country Names but I want Flags (in form of Image) of those countries to be selected or I have to create a chart of Country and Flag? How to achieve that using QlikView?

My Ans: Budle prefix can be used before Load statement to include any Image file in QlikView and then that can be used in Chart using the "Representation option" as Image.

6. Have 2 QVWs: 1. Sales 2. HR. Need to include all the things from Sales into HR? How?

My Ans: Using Binary load, I can include the data model, fields and data.

I want Variables too?

If wish to re-use the variables then import all the variables in Excel file and then include that excel file into QV using the for loop procedure.

Section Access is provided to Sales dashboard and you are not able to open it but you are admin of HR Dashboard then how will it be possible?

My Ans: The authorized Developer of Sales Dashboard needs to include my name in Section Access Code under NTNAME or the Admin has to allow me the access in the recipient list in QMC so that I can access the Sales Dashboard and do its binary load. Also, the check box of Prohibit Binary Load should be uncheck.

Kindly help me with grooming myself more in situations like above. Your inputs / answers will help me improve my skills more.

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards,

Ishita Patwardhan (Qlik Learner).

5 Replies
ychaitanya
Creator III
Creator III

My Answers would be 

ques 1 :m Answer can be BUFFER LOAD -> which created QVDs automatically when we reload

Ques2 : We can create flags in Model for what we are reporting for YTD and Forecasts

Ques3 : We can do by creating a master calendar and setting the custom network days, so that  we can easily perform aggregations at the UI

Ques 4 : I will try re-loading  , if that doesn;t work , may be we need to restart the Qlikview Setting Service

Ques 5 : Using Bundle Load to load respective images and displaying in Listboxes using INFO AS IMAGE

Ques 6 : Open any of QVW and binary load the other QVW in it

Hope this helps

Thanks

CY

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

For holidays part, you can refer master calendar help

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-16251

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Chaitanya,

I really appreciate your feedback for the answers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shivesh,

Can you tell me any help Doc or Video for forecast sales and yes I referred to the same script that you shared for Master calendar.

ychaitanya
Creator III
Creator III

Please close this thread by marking responses as Correct or Helpful.

Thanks

CY