Skip to main content
Announcements
Announcing Qlik Talend® Cloud and Qlik Answers™ to accelerate AI adoption! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Save Formula results to QVD

I need to save (Frontend) Formula results in a (QVD) file to use these values in a Company wide Cockpit and compare them to KPI's. From this Cockpit users can jump to the documents with details.

Saving the values has to be part of the Loading Script (I guess), because we need new values every day and we'd like to use the Qlikview Server Reload procedures. Modules/Macros will probably give us new problems using QV Server.

I know how to save Variables in QVD.
The problem left is how to get the Formula value (the value, not the Formula) in a Variable, followed by storing to QVD.

Any ideas?
Work Arounds?

Thanks in advance!
Fred

5 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Have you tried to Export data from a chart? if it works for you, you can also automate it using Actions and/or Macros.

Other than that, you can script the same aggregation and the same formula in the load script and STORE the QVD in a usual way.

Oleg Troyansky

masterssummit.com

fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Oleg,

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Hopefully the 'right answer' points follow soon 🙂

fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Oleg,

Unfortunately no success so far and it's really a major problem to me.

Exporting through Macro execution is possible manually, but doesn't work on Server Reload.

So what I need:

- after (server) reload

- I need results from (Chart) functions like "sum({1<Yearx={'$(vThisyear)'}>} Invoiced)"

- with an export or Store function, stored in an external file like QVD, TXT, XLS or whatever

I found this interesting thread from Gysbert Wassenaar

http://community.qlik.com/message/279039#279039

I don't think I can use it because this example is a combination of the onSelect trigger and GetFieldSelections() but doesn't need a reload for new 'Invoiced' values.

Any workaround will do...

Thanks in advance

fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Anyone interested in a challenge?

fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Still looking for a Qlik Genius 🙂