Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SVN and nested containers

Hello!

Has anyone experienced any issues when using subversion with nested containers? It seems that when we have nested containers ( a container within a container), the content will disappear.

Attached are two images, showing the desired look after development, and the result after opening up the application using the prj-folder.

The content is created using this technique;

* First a container with tabs at top
* Additional containers within that container, with grid style

* These grid containers are populated with list boxes for detailed selections

And the problem is that those grid containers will become empty. The XML-files in the prj folder don't contain any information regarding the content.

Does anyone know a fix for this, or has anyone else at least experienced it?

We are using QV11.

Cheers and thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

We have finally been able to install SR1, and I am happy to tell you that it solved the problem!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Are you using SR1? And if so, are you using the Subversion integration with SR1?

Not applicable
Author

No, we have yet to do so. The last time we tried to do it, the download site was down.Is it a known issue to be solved in that upgrade?

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

So I havent tested this against Subversion, but I believe this was a problem with TFS as well in V11 GA.  Have just tested on V11 SR1 with TFS and am able to recreate a project out of source control that has a nested container and I can see both cotnainer and sub container after the recreate operation.  So I am going to say that this is fixed in SR1 (the issue was the structure stored in the PRJ files not in the interface to the source control system)

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the fast response. We will try SR1, and then I'll let you know our result.

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi, we have had the exact same issue.

The only way to get it working again was by deleting the prj folder.

Have you reported it to support?

Not applicable
Author

No, we were waiting to see if it was fixed using SR1. But when we were to install it, it had been withdrawn by Qliktech.

Not applicable
Author

We've gotten a temporarily solution to work at the moment. If we use a hidden sheet with those list boxes, and then link them to the containers, the list boxes in the containers will work.

Not applicable
Author

We have finally been able to install SR1, and I am happy to tell you that it solved the problem!

Not applicable
Author

I am using version 11.00.11282.0 SR1 64-bit Edition, and I have nested containers which repeatedly fail to draw properly.  This issue is particularly pronounced with buttons set in a container which is nested within another container.  Do I need to update to a newer version, or am I using a correct version but issues remain for certain conditions related to nested containers?