Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SFDC Incremental Load QVDs and Field Additions/Deletions

It appears that adding and/or deleting fields from a Salesforce object breaks our QVDs unless we stop all QVD reload tasks, add/delete desired fields, and re-run a full data reload. We are using the "SELECT_ALL *" statement in our load script. I’m assuming, in the case of field additions, the existing QVDs do not contain a column for a field that records captured in an incremental load DO have, so the load wipes out records that don’t contain the field. I could, of course, be completely wrong.

We were consistently running into issues where our Salesforce Account QVD would go from 13,000+KB in size to less than 200KB in the middle of the day. We’re pretty confident that field manipulations are what have been causing the data loss.

Has anyone else experienced this? Have you identified any other workarounds besides what I have outlined above? I did receive once recommendation from a Qlik rep of writing a QVW script that is designed to update a QVD with a new field, but I'm not clear on how to do that or implement.

0 Replies