Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Requirements Gathering template for Qlikview Dashboards

Hi everyone,

It would be very helpful if someone could help me with the following: Does anyone have a Requirements Gathering template for Qlikview Dashboards?

Regards,

Harsha

7 Replies
richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Harsha,

I don't have a template I can offer, key things to consider would be:

Measure (expression) Definitions

Key Dimensions required for selections / charts

Data Sources

Perhaps Views / Objects required (if you're expecting granular requirements).

Complete requirements are not something I usually get before beginning an app design and I tend to develop requirements (in preparation for testing) as I go in an iterative way.

I'm guessing you're new to QV so I would advise keeping the data structure simple (Single fact table, star schema) so you don't get too many design issues as your requirements increase.

Hope this is of some help

Not applicable
Author

This is helpful Richard, thank you.

Harsha

raviityou
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks

It really helpful for all project these are really basic step but make more effect.

Ravindra..

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Check if this helps.

Steps to understand already build application

Regards

ASHFAQ

its_anandrjs

Hi,

You have to ask the user about the Business Rules that are available in the Business that you are working on and you have to go for few of the major steps.

1. Finding Major Tables available in the data model.

2. Find main fields on the tables with measures and dimension.

3. Identify the different dimensions like Dates, Customer Names, Country, Regions, SBUs etc

4. Work on the KPIs to find out if it is formula than you need to find different fields also.

5. Work on Major data sources and its types.

This are not fixed and main rules but that are few nice steps to work on the requirement gathering process. Also always try to create simple and good Data model and this will help you for creating the Charts, Reports, Dashboards and Qlikview application.

Regards,

Anand

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Harsha,

Hope below steps helps you.

1) DataSources

2) Identifying Fact Tables

3) Identifying Dimension tables and their relation with Fact tables(Key fields) or get Data Dictionary

4) KPIs to be shown in Dashboard like Sales, Profit, Profit %, Discount, Gross Margin etc.

5) Filters to be displayed

6) List of Charts to be displyed

7) Getting the Cyclic and Drilldown groups

😎 Any rule based display of data (using Section Access)

9) Additional features like Export to Excel, Email etc.

10) Getting Mapping data in Flat files if not available in Databases

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Harsha,

Appretiate this question is quite old now although Jagan's reply pushed it back into my view.

Since we last spoke I've create two blog posts on my site QlikCentral.com. The first talks through in more detail around requirement gathering http://qlikcentral.com/2014/06/11/requirements-gathering/ and the second is a checklist http://qlikcentral.com/2014/07/14/requirements-checklist/

I hope these may help people searching for a simalar thing.

Regards

Richard