Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Repeating Data Not Displaying in Straight Table

Hi

We have a straight table that contains a set of Debt figures (£) and a Debt Date.  When the Debt Date is displayed within the straight table, there are multiple records for each Debt value but on the different Debt Dates, however when the Debt Date is removed from the table, the multiple Debt values roll up to display a single Debt record even though there are multiple Debt records, e.g., Debt Dates of 2013-01-01 and 2013-02-01 have the same Debt value of £1234.56 as it is a recurring payment but if you remove the Debt Date from the table, you only see one Debt record for £1234.56.

Am I correct in thinking that because the Debt records without the Debt Dates are no longer unique, Qlikview rolls them up into one?

Many thanks,

Marc

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

That's correct - QV will roll up similar rows into one.  However, from what you've explained I would expect the total to be twice that - is it a Sum([Debt Value]) type expression?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

That's correct - QV will roll up similar rows into one.  However, from what you've explained I would expect the total to be twice that - is it a Sum([Debt Value]) type expression?

Not applicable
Author

We have no expressions on the straight table so if Qlikview is rolling them up then the figure would be lower than the total of SUM(DebtValue).

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Ah - you mean Table Object rather than a Straight Table Chart.

Yes - only distinct rows are shown.  A simple way round this (if you want all rows) is to ad an ID field into the load script using RecNo() or RowNo() and always have this ID in the table.