Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Rename field value in Current Selections

Hi

How does one rename values in Current Selections box. I am creating a bookmark that has a field with multiple values selected.

It currently shows as "10 of 356". I would like to change this to a word instead of numbers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tumelo,

it's not something you can do natively using the standard object, that isn't to say you might be able to create something which mimics the look and feel of the object with specially create text/chart objects (and making use of different get selection functions). Something like that could potentially rename number values to text like what you are after.

Not something I have seen or done myself though sorry

hope that helps

Joe

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Not possible I'm afraid, you can't edit the standard current selections object like that sorry

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Settings -> user pregerences -> General -> Max Values In current Selections (Default is 6 set to 100 ... )

let me know

Not applicable
Author

Hi guys

Thanks for your replies.

@Joe: I once saw a renamed selection. Dont know how it was done but I do difinetely remember seeing that in a bookmark.

I

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Have yoou tried my solution?

Not applicable
Author

Yes I have. It allows me to add numbers. I would only like to rename one selected field to a word

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tumelo,

it's not something you can do natively using the standard object, that isn't to say you might be able to create something which mimics the look and feel of the object with specially create text/chart objects (and making use of different get selection functions). Something like that could potentially rename number values to text like what you are after.

Not something I have seen or done myself though sorry

hope that helps

Joe

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Unfortunately you cannot ...

Not applicable
Author

Okay thanks guys