Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload Error

Reload.PNG

I have 6 million records in my table. When i am reloading this huge data into my QVW file it is not getting reloaded. It freezes at this stage shown in the image.

Is there any limitation of the size of data in QlikView or what is the alternate solution ??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Sumit,

Will you please tell us one thing, The table which is loded as shown in the image is the last table in the script?

If yes then there are chances that QlikView is linking all loaded tables. And in this case the reason why QlikView taking long time is, there are many fields which are common in the table which you have loaded.

If possible pls send us the script.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

According to that image, the script has not stopped yet, otherwise the Close button will be available and the progress dialog will disappear.

Generally speaking, 6M rows is quite a small amount of rows, and QlikView should handle them quite faster, but it depends on hardware, OS, how the data model is built, links between tables and so.

Try going to the script editor, then click on the Debug button, and do a limited load to 100 records each table, and see if that makes the script go further or it stops at the same line of code.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the answer Miguel. I tried with 100 records and still it is hanging. So what could be the reason. I have around 160 columns in four of the tables. Could that be the reason ??

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Sumit,

Will you please tell us one thing, The table which is loded as shown in the image is the last table in the script?

If yes then there are chances that QlikView is linking all loaded tables. And in this case the reason why QlikView taking long time is, there are many fields which are common in the table which you have loaded.

If possible pls send us the script.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Sumit,

I guess its because of  multiple loops that are generating.

Regards

Tom

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

I have attached the Script. i understand that it is very big. But it will be great if u could help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Use before the first line of load the following:

QUALIFY *;

Then do the load. That will prepend the name of the table to each field, avoiding unwanted synthetic tables and links between tables.

Hope that helps to start with.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Solved the problem. It was because of the two tables having each and every field names common. I used alias and now its working fine.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help Miguel. I solved the problem

regards