Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator

Release licence when not in use

Dear Team -

How can qlikview script intelligently quarantine doc cal, if they are not used since 30 days. 

I.e i need to write a script that can identify the last log in data, time and if the last log in time is greate than x days, then apply quarentine respective doc cal.

Is there any qv script that can be written rather than using governance dashbaord.

For example:

user 'A' has been granted doc cal and not logged in since x days, then apply a rule to quarantine / release licence.

Appreciate early response. 

Rgds,

Sean.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Be careful if you are trying to automate the transfer of DOC and/or USER Cals. It could be in violation of the license agreement you have with Qlik. You should be aware of what's written in the license agreement regarding license transfers. Unless you have a special custom agreement the following is implied:

"Named and Document CALs are assigned to an identified user and may not be transferred to another user unless the transfer is adue to a i) termination of employment, or ii) a transfer of the user to a new business unit or group resulting in no access to the Qlik Software."
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator
Author

Hold on.. Hold on... 

I am fully aware of licence agreements and the violation. I have no intention to become smarter on usage of agreed licence. 

My question was to alert / reminder to identified user of not being logged in atleast once after assigning the doc cal.

Rgds, 

Sean. 

Vegar
MVP
MVP

You could take a look at the Governance Dashboard.  It contains some info about user license type and applications. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/governance-dashboard/Content/What.htm

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sean, just to clarify what Vegar was saying, putting assigned Doc CALs into quarantine due to non-use for 30 days is in fact a violation of the product terms, the only time Named and Doc CALs are to be removed from users is if they have left the company or no longer work in a position that requires their use of QlikView, that is it, there are no usage considerations here, so if someone only uses it once a year, the correct solution would be either Session or Usage CALs to handle those types of users...  

I believe Vegar is spot on regarding using the Governance Dashboard app to try to see who has been in what app(s).

Here is link to the Governance Dashboard site: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Monitoring-Administration/QlikView-Governance-Dashboard/gpm-p/157...

Here is a link to the Product Terms just in case you want to check things over there: QlikView Product Terms 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.