Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
etrotter
Creator II
Creator II

REST API, selecting table from Select Dialog box

Hi Qlik Community, 

I have an app that has three API connections within the load script. When I click the "Select" button at the bottom of the screen how do I know which REST API it is pulling from, and how do I toggle between them? 

clipboard_image_0.png

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Erica, the answer to your question is whichever Connect statement was run last just above where you are trying to select.  Generally there is only one open connection at a time as far as I know, so again, the one being hit should be the last Connect To statement above where you are in your script.  This will kick things back up, one of the developer gurus may be able to shed some further light for you, I know enough to be really dangerous on the development stuff, but they can likely do a better job than I can here. 

Here is Help link that may be useful as well, pretty sure I am correct after reading that! 🙂

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Scrip...

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Edge
Creator
Creator

Dear Etrotter,

The below select button is for creating a new connection not modifying an existing one. Could you please elaborate more on what are you trying to do?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Erica, the answer to your question is whichever Connect statement was run last just above where you are trying to select.  Generally there is only one open connection at a time as far as I know, so again, the one being hit should be the last Connect To statement above where you are in your script.  This will kick things back up, one of the developer gurus may be able to shed some further light for you, I know enough to be really dangerous on the development stuff, but they can likely do a better job than I can here. 

Here is Help link that may be useful as well, pretty sure I am correct after reading that! 🙂

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Scrip...

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.