Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question about Expression / Pregunta acerca de Expresión

Hi everybody! I´m creating a simple table and I have already define differents expressions to show in the table. One expression I have to put is " Value of Production in Dollars". For this, I have the fields "Value of Production in Mexican Pesos" and the "Exchange Rate" for the 3 year I´m analysing. To create the expression "Value of Production in Dollars" I used the following expression: Sum ([Value Produccicion (Miles de Pesos)])/Avg ([Exchange Rate]).

Is that correct? I suppose that´s right when I´m analysing the 3 years together, but when I select one year, for example 2009, the value will be deflated by yhe avarage Exchange Rate of the three years or only de Exchange Rate of 200)?

Thank you very much!

Juan Francisco.

---

Hola a todos! Estoy creando una tabla simple donde ya introduje varias expresiones. Una de las cuales tengo que usar es "Valor de Producción en Dólares". Para poder crear este indicador, tengo los campos "Valor de Producción en Pesos Mexicanos" y "Tipo de cambio" para 3 años distintos. Entonces, creé la expresión "Valor de Producción en Dólares definiendo la siguiente expresión: Sum ([Valor Producción(Miles de Pesos)])/Avg ([Tipo de Cambio]).

Quisiera saber si dicha expresión es correcta? Supongo que cuando analizo todos los años en conjunto estoy deflactando bien, pero por ejemplo si elijo el 2009, los valores se deflactarán por el Tipo de Cambio del 2009 o por el promedio del Tipo de Cambio de los 3 años que tengo?

Muchas gracias,

Juan Francisco.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

QlikView will calculate Avg ([Exchange Rate]) for the selection you are making.

If you select 3 years, will be 3 years. If you select one year, will be one year.

If you want something different, you´ll need Set Analysis

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brice-SACCUCCI
Employee
Employee

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

QlikView will calculate Avg ([Exchange Rate]) for the selection you are making.

If you select 3 years, will be 3 years. If you select one year, will be one year.

If you want something different, you´ll need Set Analysis