Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
castro88
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlikview, strange behavior with bookmarks and macros

Hi,
one of our customers has a strange problem with using bookmarks and macros on a QlikView application via AccessPoint.
I'll try to explain myself, starting with the case that works.

If I access the application with the user who is also the user of the services (I don't know if it can be useful as information) everything works. In detail: I access the sheet where there is a ListBox for choosing the dimensions and measures to represent in the table, I choose dimensions and measures and select, again via the ListBox, for which dimensions to enable the totals in the Pivot table. This last selection is managed by a macro. At this point, if I create a bookmark while the totals view is active, close and reopen the application by selecting the previously created bookmark, my pivot table presents the data with the total.
If I log in to the application with any other user and follow the same steps, once I apply the bookmark I do not see the totals. It does this behavior with all users except the service user.
I attach some images.
Let me know if you need any other information.
Thanks

QlikAccessPoint.png

Labels (3)
11 Replies
Brian_C
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi

Can I ask is the bookmark you created a document bookmark and therefore available to all users or a user bookmark available only to the user who created it?

castro88
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Brian,

each user creates his own bookmark, they are not shared.

igoralcantara
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

How does the macro contribute to the display of the totals? Do you have section access? Also, have you try with any other admin or high privilege user? Does it work? When does it not work, is for one user only or any user that is not the services account?

----
datavoyagers.net
Or
MVP
MVP

Macros aren't meant to work in Ajax mode, so the only surprise here is that it's working for the service user...

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000045380

castro88
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Yes, there is section access.
The problem affects all users, ADMIN and USER, it only works with the service user.

igoralcantara
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I recommend replacing the macro with something else. Can you post the macro code for us to take a look?

----
datavoyagers.net
castro88
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Yes, sure.
Unfortunately it is a macro that we inherited, the comments are in German which is not my language.

sub MOSTRATOTALI

dim chart, prop, dims, pSums, str, i, j 'Variablen deklarieren  

set doc = ActiveDocument  
	set pSums  = doc.Fields("DIMENSION_TOTAL").getSelectedValues 'selektierte Werte vom Auswahlfeld in ein Array einlesen  

set chart = doc.GetSheetObject("CH53") 'Pivot auswählen  
	prop = chart.GetProperties 'Zugriff auf Eigenschaften  
	set dims = prop.Dimensions 'Auswahl der Dimensionseigenschaften  

for i = 0 to dims.Count - 1 'Pivotdimensionen durchlaufen und auslesen  
	    dims(i).ShowPartialSums = false 'für alle Dimensionen die Teilergebnisse rausnehmen  
	    for j = 0 to pSums.Count - 1 'selektierte Werte des Auswahlfeldes werden durchlaufen und ausgelsen  
	        if dims.Item(i).Title.v = pSums.Item(j).Text then dims(i).ShowPartialSums = true 'Vergleich des Auslesens + setzen des Teilergbenis  
	    next  
	    'str = str & dims.Item(i).Label.v & chr(10)  
	next  

chart.SetProperties prop 'Zuweisung der Sichtbarkeiten für die Teilergebnisse für die Dimensionseigenschaften der Pivot  

set doc = nothing 'Variablen löschen  
	set pSums = nothing  
	set chart = nothing  
	set dims = nothing  

end sub  
igoralcantara
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Ok, let's go one step at a time. I know a little German, so here is your macro with the comments in English:

Sub MOSTRATOTALI

Dim chart, prop, dims, pSums, str, i, j 'Declare variables

Set doc = ActiveDocument
Set pSums = doc.Fields("DIMENSION_TOTAL").getSelectedValues 'Read selected values from the selection field into an array

Set chart = doc.GetSheetObject("CH53") 'Select the pivot table
prop = chart.GetProperties 'Access properties
Set dims = prop.Dimensions 'Select dimension properties

For i = 0 To dims.Count - 1 'Loop through pivot dimensions and read them
dims(i).ShowPartialSums = False 'Remove partial sums for all dimensions
For j = 0 To pSums.Count - 1 'Loop through selected values from the selection field and read them
If dims.Item(i).Title.v = pSums.Item(j).Text Then dims(i).ShowPartialSums = True 'Compare read + set partial result
Next
Next

chart.SetProperties prop 'Assignment of visibilities for partial results for the dimension properties of the pivot

Set doc = Nothing 'Delete variables
Set pSums = Nothing
Set chart = Nothing
Set dims = Nothing

End Sub

Second a few ideas to do the same without using a macro:

1. Use Variables and Button States: Create variables that represent the selected values in your selection field. Then use these variables in the expressions of your pivot table to filter the data. You can use buttons to allow the user to select values and update the variables accordingly.

2. Use Conditional Selections in QlikView: You can use conditional expressions in the properties of your pivot table to control the display of subtotals based on the selected values in your "DIMENSION_TOTAL" field.

These approaches can help you achieve the same result without needing to use macros.

----
datavoyagers.net