Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jleraille
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlikview report - Colors KO in Accesspoint (QlikView 12.10)

Hello,
I have a QlikView report containing differents Qlikview objects: color graphics, a basemap image ...
With QlikView the restitution is ok,
With accesspoint colors are ok for bar graphs, curve, sector ... but KO for the basemap and the bar graphs placed on it.
See Attachment

QlikView 12.10

User parameters / print : Color forced

Any idea about that ?

Cordially - Jacques

5 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I believe the reason you have not received any comments on this post is the attachment has an error, so you may want to remove it and try putting it up again.  Just a side note though, support for the 12.10 ended last year in November, you should be making plans to get on a fully supported track when you can, that would be 12.20 or later.  If you can update the attachment, that may help someone provide something to help, but I believe that is the reason nobody has done so yet.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
jleraille
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Brett for telling me about the attachment
Indeed there is a problem, I replaced it.

I do not have the control to mount the version from 12.10 to 12.20 but I think that does not change anything.

Regards
Jacques

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Actually, it may not have been a bad object, I had to download the file, then I was able to see it, and I think I know where the issue is now, hopefully.  Can you attach your QVServer Settings.ini file for me, you can take out the Authentication section, I just need the contents of the Settings 7 keys, as I think you have something there that is saying to use black & white/hatched instead of color, but I am not sure of the name of that setting, so I am hoping I can spot it, and we can change that value, and that should do the trick.  I am pretty sure that is what is going on.  Feel free to have a look yourself too, and if you see something that looks like it matches, you can simply remove or comment it and restart the QVS service and see what it does too.  

Actually, you may want to double-check the Colors tab settings for that object and be sure the version of the app you are using in the Desktop is the same as the one on the server too.  I am pretty sure I am on the right track here, just not sure where the glitch is in the settings, but I think it should be on the Color tab settings, and if that is the case, that should be in the document itself, so Settings.ini would not be in play, but there might be a global setting too...  Hopefully this is making some sense.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
jleraille
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Brett,

In fact I found : in the color tab setting for the concerned graphics the option "use patterns instead of colors" is checked
But it's gray and cannot be changed
Now I just have to find out why it can't be changed

regards
Jacques

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Jacques, check your Settings\User Preferences\Printing tab settings, I think that User Preference may be overriding the app in this case, so try that.  If that is not it, I am not sure either to be honest, the only other place of which I can think would be something in the Registry, which should be the following path if you want to have a look there:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QlikTech\QlikView

Try this one too:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\QlikTech\QlikView

That is all of which I can think, hopefully one of these will get you working properly again.

Regards,
Brett