Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VivenReddy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlikview behaviour when the active sheet is hidden

Hi experts

I have a Qlikview app with has 3 sheets. Sheet 1 and 2 are by default visible and sheet 3 is hidden. When there is a selection made on sheet 2 in a certain field sheet 3 is unhidden and sheet 1 and 2 and hidden. I do have a button on tab 3 which clears selections and takes the user back to sheet 2 and hides sheet 3. Everything is working as expected.

The problem arises is the user does not use the button on sheet 3 but instead clears the selection manually. Then sheet 3 is hidden and sheet 1 and 2 are unhidden but sheet 1 is the active tab instead of tab 2.

What would be the best solution to get the user back to sheet 2? I have created a variable which does a getselectedcount on the relevant field and then created a variable event trigger and set the OnChange action to activate the correct sheet. However this is not working and it still goes to sheet 1.

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
edwin
Master II
Master II

if you cant rearrange.  then you need to control it a diff way.

add triggers for the ProvID field, when the field is cleared, activate Sheet2.  that should work.  see attached

View solution in original post

5 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

weve done something similar before.  instead of using the fields to drive the show/hide of the sheets,  use variables instead.

VivenReddy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Edwin.

Are you able to tweak my example to show me the technique you've used?

edwin
Master II
Master II

one other quick suggestion.  when the user clicks CLEAR the first two sheets will be shown and sheet3 hidden - rt?  QV will activate the first sheet (in this case sheet1).  if you can rearrange the sheets, where sheet 2 is to left of sheet1.  that would be a very quick fix to your dilemma without changing any code

VivenReddy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thats correct. When a Clear is done then sheets 1 and 2 appear and sheet 3 is hidden. When clear is pressed it is fine for good that the user is back to sheet1. The sheets need to remain in the current order.

edwin
Master II
Master II

if you cant rearrange.  then you need to control it a diff way.

add triggers for the ProvID field, when the field is cleared, activate Sheet2.  that should work.  see attached