Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Session Collaboration - Export to Excel

Hi All,

What are the restrictions when using session collaboration? I noticed that when a document is being shared the Export to Excel option disappears. Is the any way to allow users to export to excel while session is being shared?

Thanks.

Kind Regards

Rakesh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

You can share your session with everyone within the organization, including those people who should not be allowed access to the numbers you are showing them via a shared session. Allowing them to export them to XLS would be a security risk as you do not have any notion of this happening while it would appear under your username. The shared session also could have difficulties to determine who requested the export as it effectively is being used by the same user on two PCs.

So I think this is a design choice.

May you live in interesting times!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

You can share your session with everyone within the organization, including those people who should not be allowed access to the numbers you are showing them via a shared session. Allowing them to export them to XLS would be a security risk as you do not have any notion of this happening while it would appear under your username. The shared session also could have difficulties to determine who requested the export as it effectively is being used by the same user on two PCs.

So I think this is a design choice.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Onno,

That does make sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Kind Regards

Rakesh