Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
london1980
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview Personal Edition at work PC

Hi All,

I've a got a question about Qlikview Personal Edition.

In this linked FAQ (Personal Edition FAQs) it says;

"With the QlikView Personal Edition license, everyone is free to create QlikView documents for personal use."

then it says;

"If you have never licensed QlikView before and want to use the tool to perform analysis on any sort of business or personal data set, or have an existing QlikView installation and want to try out our latest release, QlikView Personal Edition is for you"

We are not allowed to take data out of office, so from legal point of view, can I install Qlikview Personal edition on my work PC and see how it works?

thanks

M

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, you can. The personal use means that you won't be able to share the documents you create  with other users of Qlikview Personal Edition. That's the most important limitation of Qlikview Personal Edition.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, you can. The personal use means that you won't be able to share the documents you create  with other users of Qlikview Personal Edition. That's the most important limitation of Qlikview Personal Edition.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

Yes, you can and with no functional limitations.

You won't be able to share qvw documents but you are free to create QV documents with no limitations.

Regards,

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

To be clear it's absolutely not a violation of the Terms of Service such as using something like the free edition of Winzip at work.