cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gyan_srivastava
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview Or Condition implementaion through set analysis

I have three status columns for department wise calculation of data column.

ConfidentliID (1,2,3,4) ,AvaliID (1,2,3,4) ,IntegrityID (1,2,3,4)

calculation Columns ---"Complaince data "

Now If i seclect any of the ConfidentliID it will filter records and calculate data based on this , further if I select any AvaliID it will filter further records and calculate accordingly and same with integrityID.

I want if user select  any of the ConfidentliID then any of the  AvaliID ,then any of the IntegrityID

Records will get added which has ConfidentliID  or AvaliID or IntegrityID .

how can I do that .Please help.

2 Replies
sbaldwin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi, i would suggest you create each of the 3 variables you want as stand alone tables (or data islands),  then you would need to use set analysis in your tables and charts to restrict the data shown, using the below:

count({<AvaliID = p({$} _AvaliID) > + <ConfidentliID = p({$} _ConfidentliID) >+<IntegrityID = p({$} _IntegrityID) >} info)

(the data islands have the columns begining _.

I have attached an example (you will see no restriction is made until all fields are selected this is because it is an OR condition / union rather than an AND condition /intersection hence would be unioned with the whole set before a restriction is made on all 3 fields

Thanks

Steve

gyan_srivastava
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Steve,

Thanks for quick response . I understood the point and example .But my problem is bit different .

If I take your example you have created a table which is showing the data for all three data island when no selection is made .

But my Problem is :

If this Table is already available then If I select any data Island _AvaliID,_ConfidentliID,_IntegrityID   value then It should combine the results.

Like If I select 1 from _AvaliID and then 2 from _ConfidentliID and then 1 from _IntegrityID    then the result should contain all possible values of  records having 1 as _AvaliID  or 2 as  _ConfidentliID  or 1 as _IntegrityID ..

Please help.