Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview HP Openview integration

Hi

In one of the posts i have seen a reply which is below:

"About HP OpenView integration.

HP OpenView creates statistics about CPU/memory/processes/disk/network , but keeps those "inside", meaning you can report those with HP tools.

Alternatively, one can setup scheduled task so desired statistics are written to disk to (text) files. Than you load and analyse the statistics with QlikView."

Since both HP Openview and Qlikview is used in my company and since i am new to both of these tools i need help.

Can anyone be more explicit about how to write the desired statistics to text files from HP OpenView?

Or any advice about any document or website relevant with this issue?

Any help would be aprreciated

Thanks in advance

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I wasn't working here when we began using statistics from openview to Qlikview so I can only tell you what is documented about the process.

We have the reports that are created from openview write as .txt files on the openview server. With an automatic action a visual basic script is called. This script uses FTP to get the .txt files to the staging area of the datawarehouse. It then is transferred with additional data to the CDM layer of the datawarehouse. Qlikview uses the CDM tables as a source.

That's the only thing I can tell you about this.

Not applicable
Author

can you give more details about how to write as .txt files