Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrBosch
Creator
Creator

Qlikview: Add an existing PDF-file to a report (and print the combination to PDF)

Hi All

In a dashboard I create a nice report but I want to combine this with an existing report.

The external two-pages pdf should become some kind of object that will be embedded into my style. Is this possible?

Even better would it be that I could define the exact two positions on a page so that the source can be cropped to those two points.

Anyone who had to deal with such a challenge?

Thanks,

Alex

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You may try it with an extension. There is a simple one which allows to add a web-page within a frame-object. I don't remember the name of it but I think it should be further available within the extension-samples. Important will be that these files resides on a web-server and could be addressed per url - and not from a file-storage.

View solution in original post

MrBosch
Creator
Creator
Author

I will try to find the location where the QlikView extensions are and see if I can find the one you mentioned. I have also requested some developers to create a way to cut charts from the PDF's (server sided) after uploading the PDF to the server via some PHP code and move these charts to a folder that I can read with QlikView. Perhaps that will be the easiest solution. Half of that is already functioning for other charts already.

Thanks anyway Marcus.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

You may try it with an extension. There is a simple one which allows to add a web-page within a frame-object. I don't remember the name of it but I think it should be further available within the extension-samples. Important will be that these files resides on a web-server and could be addressed per url - and not from a file-storage.

MrBosch
Creator
Creator
Author

I will try to find the location where the QlikView extensions are and see if I can find the one you mentioned. I have also requested some developers to create a way to cut charts from the PDF's (server sided) after uploading the PDF to the server via some PHP code and move these charts to a folder that I can read with QlikView. Perhaps that will be the easiest solution. Half of that is already functioning for other charts already.

Thanks anyway Marcus.