Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phani
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview 12 personal edition is not allowing to create any expressions

Hi Experts,

This is my very first day in Qlikview. I have downloaded Free Qlikview 12 desktop X64 . I have used a spreadsheet as my Data source and trying to create a simple straight table . I have chosen prod.cat.name as dim and when i try to create a Expression Qlikview app is not responding . All the options are grayed out . Back, next , finish are active but i'm not able to click .  If im not wrong when want to add an expression , as soon as we click add button , a formula editor will pop up . that window is not appearing for me . I have uninstalled , restarted PC and Installed the product many times. Please help me out with expertise . Seems like a bad time to start qlikview.

Thanks,

Phani.

2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

for your general understanding, the Personal Edition is not limited in any way, other than opening documents created by others. So, you shouldn't expect any limitations of this kind.

Based on what you describe, it sounds like the Expression Editor might be opening on a second monitor, or perhaps in the place where second monitor used to be and isn't connected at the moment. Look for a glimpse of a window at the edge of your screen. Then, use Windows keys to move that hidden window inward, to make it visible. 

Cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Check out my book QlikView Your Business  - a great way to start learning QlikView!

Phani
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks.  I did not notice that. Editor is hiding on the edge of screen .