Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview 11.20 SR5 has stopped working

Hi All,

I have an issue while opening the Qlikview files after the installation. But just by creating q shortcut of QV.exe on the desktop has resolved the issue.

BUt how does that make this big change?

Could you please explain the possible causes for the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Chaitra

7 Replies
daniel_kusiak
Creator II
Creator II

Can you give us more details? Was it a clean qlik installation or update from previous version? Can you post screenshot with error?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply, it was a clean installation of Qlikview.

I am attaching the error here.

Just the creation of shortcut from the default qlikview installation directory. C:\Program Files\QlikView\QV.exe to the desktop resolved the issue.

Could you please help me knowing if the creation of short solves the issue ?clip_image002.jpg

Regards,

Chaitra

daniel_kusiak
Creator II
Creator II

If you run Qlik by shourtcut there is no error? If so you can work that way.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, there is no error and i am able to open the files.

But i want to know just the shortcut resolved the issue, and if so, it should have been created after the direct installation of Qlikview, isnt it ?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

QlikView installation won't create a desktop shortcut. However there will be a shortcut in the Start button->Program Files->QlikView menu.

Double-clicking QVW files in Windows Explorer now works as well?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Even after the Qlikview installation, i was unable to see the Qlikview folder (Where ideally it should show QMC, Access pint ) and after the creation of this shortcut i was able to see this folder in the start button.

Not applicable
Author

So is it mandatory to create the shortcut after the installation to prevent this kind of error ?