Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView monitoring

Today my user reported that my QlikView production page was down. The services were running normally. Restart of the services resolved the issue. Questions:

· How do I know what the root cause of the problem was?

· How can I get an automated email notification that QlikView production is down before the users report the outage?

Thanks,

Dinesh.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

There are various server log files to help you troubleshoot what may have caused the problem.  Read the server reference manual for details.

QlikView does not have automated email notification built in when an application is unavailable.  You will either have to build your own or use third party monitoring software to check for and notify when the application is unavailable.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

There are various server log files to help you troubleshoot what may have caused the problem.  Read the server reference manual for details.

QlikView does not have automated email notification built in when an application is unavailable.  You will either have to build your own or use third party monitoring software to check for and notify when the application is unavailable.

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Dinesh

As Gary mentioned you can get some data from log files.

If you use the qvw in the link below, you just need to set the log files folder and reload the app to easily load them.

Then you can navigate on the tabs and search for some error messages

http://community.qlik.com/qlikviews/1029

Regards,

Erich