Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView iPhone client

How can i access a *.qvw files on iPhone

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

As far as I know, you can.

I enabled one of our applications developed do be executed in Internet Explorer to run with AJAX and the same application was accessible in the iPhone.

In your QlikView Server, access the QlikView Enterprise Management Console -> Documents -> choose your application and check the option “AJAX zero footprint client”.

Of course the views were designed to a larger interface, but it worked very well and without any change in the application.

I’m running QlikView 9.0.

I hope it helps.

Not applicable
Author

Do you have a Server that you can access QlikView files from via your web browser through the Internet? If so - download the QlikView app from the App Store, Install it. Configure it with your settings (URL, username, password). Drop your QlikView file you want to access in the root folder that your other documents you access via the web is stored. If you want - create a folder called "Mobile" - and when setting up your iPhone - tell it to use the Mobile folder. You should be able to acess the document(s). As beto said - there are some design considerations to keep in mind. Most important - the iPhone client only reads one object at a time (i.e. One graph, One Straight table, etc.) Do your design according (also use white backgrounds for graphs, very bright colours, remember it reads your objects alphabetically, etc.)