Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vicfer6
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView desktop not opening existing QVW file

<h1>HI team </h1>

I was searching an example for something I want to do, I found it and download the file. I open it and review it, but, when I try to open my app I was working I cannot open it any more.  I ready try to do the ApplicationRescue , AppRecoveryMode and ScriptRescue    in the Setiing window from About Qlickview help.

The File I download I can still open it, just all the files I got before open this file I cannot. This are some Image where I got

This is the info from the file I download

Vicfer6_0-1654275733263.png

This are the  errors

Vicfer6_2-1654275854917.pngVicfer6_3-1654275872090.png

Thanks for you help

Labels (1)
  • Other

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It sounds like you are using QlikView Personal Edition (PE).  PE only allows you to open files you created yourself. If you try to open a file created by someone else, you will be asked if you want to open it in "recovery" mode. If you choose "continue", you will open it but you can no longer open the files you created before. 

-Rob

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Okay if QV Desktop is still in Personal Edition, you'll have to properly license it first before you're able to open any QVWs which you didn't create.  Refer to the below documentation.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It sounds like you are using QlikView Personal Edition (PE).  PE only allows you to open files you created yourself. If you try to open a file created by someone else, you will be asked if you want to open it in "recovery" mode. If you choose "continue", you will open it but you can no longer open the files you created before. 

-Rob

Daniel044
Contributor II
Contributor II

Files in AA format can be opened with Apple iTunes in Mac Operating systems and with Audible AudibleManager, Nero 11, RapidSolution Tunebite 9, SoundTaxi Media Suite and TuneCab in Microsoft Windows-based systems.

HCA Rewards

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Vicfer6,

Can you provide an update?

Best Regards

Vicfer6
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi

I still have Issue I ready uninstall it and Install it again and the issue still there, and my last test was uninstall it remove everything appears like  Qlikview on regedit, but when I installit back happened the same.  

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@Vicfer6,

Is QlikView Desktop licensed or are you using Personal Edition?

Best Regards

Vicfer6
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Is a corporative license I just request the installation to the corporative server and then install it.

But I think appears the Personal Edition legend in the top of the window

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Okay if QV Desktop is still in Personal Edition, you'll have to properly license it first before you're able to open any QVWs which you didn't create.  Refer to the below documentation.

Best Regards

Vicfer6
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your information. This help to contact the personal who manage the license  in the company and the issue is solve it.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Great news! I'm glad I was able to assist you.