Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView beginner CSV

Hi everyone,

I am a programmer and developer with a good experience in various programming languages and SQL.

I am exploring the QlikView and am a beginner in this new BI tool. My company recently purchased 4 licenses of QlikView. Hoping that I can get the good support from this community.

Recently have problems importing data from .CSV format and trying to resolve in my recent project.

Chickov.

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

http://www.citagus.com/citagus/blog/different-ways-to-load-data-in-to-qlikview/

I am not sure what your problem with your csv is, but this link contains some general info. Also referencing the qlikview user manual may help you with your issue.

its_anandrjs

What problem you are facing the format issue or any thing else.

Not applicable
Author

Can you just save your csv as an excel file and import that instead?

Not applicable
Author

Is the issue you are facing data formatting?  Or some other issue?

Not applicable
Author

QlikView is treating the delimited ex.: "0.000" values of the ".CSV" comma separated values differently against different cases and conditions like "0.000", "NULL" values and  (" ").

See the image below: Problems.JPG.jpg

Thanks people for your urgent attention to my problem...

Not applicable
Author

@

Look at the format below.

Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say.  Could you share what you're working with and maybe it'll be more obvious?

Not applicable
Author

I am working with the large database of PostgreSQL, and I am exporting all the data through SQL query into CSV format and then working on the data in QlikView.

Because while making direct connection with the Postgre it takes a lot of time to process the data while importing directly from the .csv format is much more time-efficient as compared to the any kind of odbc or any other DB connections.

I hope you understand my problems now as it have a data in millions of rows and 100s of columns.

Thanks for your reply.

Not applicable
Author

Look at the format below.