Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EgidiusJ
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView Section Access with DMS authorization

Hi,

If I try to use Section Access with DMS authorization I get an popup screen to enter my credentials but if I enter them according userid displayed in Accees Point and password it keeps coming back.

Userid looks like <domain>\<username>@<companyname>.nl

Apps without Section Access work fine.

Does anyone know what could be the cause?

Regards,

Egidius

Labels (1)
6 Replies
marcus_sommer

Use two text-boxes with osuser() and qvuser() within the application to see how QV recognized the user.

EgidiusJ
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Marcus,

qvuser() is empty

EgidiusJ
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Marcus,

I checked the issue in the test enviromment and there DMS only possible with Prohibit anonymous.

Could that be the problem?

marcus_sommer

qvuser() returns the section access user - means an active section access must be there. You may use a dummy application with a section access but without a password and/or enabling all users per *

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if this setting has a dependency to the section access but allowing an anonymous access is IMO critically. Further take a look on the web-server settings in the tab authentication if they match with the settings from the server in the tab security.

Beside this it would be easier and more comfortable not to use user + password within the section access else only NTNAME which means the logon-user from the access point is also taken for the section access. Again play with it with appropriate dummy applications and not with the origin ones (further make sure that you have always BACKUPs of all applications without a section access).

EgidiusJ
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Marcus,

I built an work-around for the time being but will explore further with your recommodations.

Thanks