Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MohanKN
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView Connection string update

Hi, 

We recently updated TLS on our windows servers from TLS 1.1 to 1.2. 

As soon as the update was done, All the Qlikview jobs started failing. 

One of the IT team member suggested us to update the query in the QVD file.  OLEDB to ODBC.

Current connection string below:

"Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=xxx;Initial Catalog=xxx;Data Source=xxx,14330;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Workstation ID=xxx;Use Encryption for Data=False;Tag with column collation when possible=False] (XPassword is xxx"

Can you please advice.

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The issue is not likely in the QlikView side of things, it would appear your DB Client driver is using a secure connection, so you would need to ensure that client is capable of using TLS 1.2 for starters, have you confirmed that with the vendor of the connector?  My hunch would be otherwise there is a parameter you may need to add to the connection string to tell the DB Client driver to use TLS 1.2 etc., which we are not going to be the experts upon, the DB Client driver vendor would be the place to turn in this case for better information.  

Regarding OLE DB versus ODBC, I would imagine the issue is going to be the same either way, as unless you know how to set things in the Client driver, that is going to be a problem.  Hopefully this gets you on the right track if you have not already sorted things out.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.