Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Loaded data

hi all,

Is there a way to keep the history data loaded in QV as it is without reloading it again?

For ex: I have already loaded 2014 data.. I need to just reload 2015 data .. but the data for 2014 should be in qlikview?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

ok nibbler I got it as you mentioned.. qvd looks better than qvw - binary load.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

no, not altogether - well, I guess you could about do it with a partial_reload, but that is tricky - if your qvw ever crashes, all your data will be lost.

The better way would be to just store away the old data in a qvd file. That way, you'd still have to reload it every time, but loading a qvd is pretty quick.

Or - even quicker - load the 2014 data in one qvw that you keep in a safe place and load BINARY from that, then add any data you want. Keep in mind that there can be only one BINARY in one qvw.

HTH

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

By default, a Qlikview model begins the reload with no data, so everything is loaded every time. By using an incremental loading strategy, most of the reload takes place from QVD files, which can be loaded extremely fast (millions of rows in a few seconds), and only new data gets fetched from the data sources. So the impact of 'reloading everything' in a well designed application is less than you may think.

There is a partial load option as well, that works for some scenarios.

Search for 'incremental load' and 'partial load' in the manual and in the community for more information.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonanthan,

Hi nibbler,

How does this binary load work.. is their any example where I could test.

secondly my question is should I load a old QVD in the beginning or at the last? does it make any difference

Not applicable
Author

ok nibbler I got it as you mentioned.. qvd looks better than qvw - binary load.