Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV 9 Personal Edition Keylength has reached its maximum

Hi all,

I downloaded QV9 PE and created an application for serveral days.

Now it's not possible to open the application again. I have always the message "Keylength has reached its maximum" and "the document xxxx failed to load"

I try to open an old backup file of my application or create a new application. I have always the same message and it's not poosible to open it.

Do anyone have an answer?

Regards

Gert

25 Replies
Not applicable
Author

*** I am sorry, this post is in the wrong thread and I have added it here: http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/17848.aspx *********

Hi,

I installed the QlikView Personal Edition v9 on Friday last week and started to create new files and working through the excellent tutorial. I did all this in the office where my laptop is connetcted via a docking station to the company's network.

Then I wanted to continue the tutorial on Saturday morning at home without being connected to the company's netwwork and without being docked to the docking station but - very important - with the same laptop. I couldn't open the files created the day before in the office because QlikView let me know that the files I wanted to open where created by another user. I recovered the files and continued my work.

I found on Sunday this thread and installed the SP1 for QlikView 9 and created a new file (still working at home without being docked to the docking station). Today, back in the office, I plugged the laptop into the docking station, fired up QlikView 9 SP1 and wanted to open the new file I have created yesterday. But what a surprise - QlikView is stating again that the file has been created by another user and that I have to recovery it. So I have recovered the file again. It's working nice but I only have 3 options for recovery left.

I don't think this is a situation we expect because I am working all the time with the same laptop and I am - as far as I know - the same human being whether I am in the office or whether I am at home Smile.

So my question: Does QlikView v9 SP1 still consider the same laptop as different machines when it is being used either via a docking station or without docking station? Or is there any setting that is being constantly changed on my machine I don't know about?

Some information:

• QlikView for Windows Version 9.00.7257.6 SR1
  • Windows XP Professional Version 2002, SP2
  • Regional and Language Options: German (Switzerland)
  • HP Laptop with 2 GB RAM, Intel Dual Core 2 GHz

I appreciate any help and ideas very much. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Dominik

adrian_gonzalez
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi, I installed the last release (QlikView Personal Edition QvSetupRedist_Spa.9-00-07257) and the problem continue: Keylength has reached its maximum.

What's means?

Please help.

Not applicable
Author

It means you are trying to open a file created by another Qlikview personal edition, which is not allowed. Install the latest version of personal edition and you will get a proper error message.

Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem. Is the fix out yet?

Not applicable
Author

There wont be a fix for this since there is nothing to be fixed. This is a limitation of the personal edition. If this limitation did not exist many people would stop paying for Qlikview. Money talks as usual.

Not applicable
Author

Take a look at this: http://community.qlik.com/gettingstarted/

Pay attention to the "What is "Document Recovery" and when should I use it?" section.