Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pulling data for custom segment from Google Analytics. BUMP

I am trying to pull some custom segment data from Google Analytics (GA). I am using Google Analytics Query Explorer 2, to generate and test my query. I am able to get sample data using the 'Get Data' button in query explorer. But when I am using that query after url-encoding (Url Encode/Decode online) in my qlikview script, I am not able to get any data. If I just remove the segment (i.e. %26segment%3Dgaid%253A%253XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) from my query, I am getting the data.

Can someone help me getting data for custom segments into QlikView?

Thanks

5 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sandy - let's see if we can get someone to take a look at this. I will move your request to the QlikView support forum.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mike.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

QlikView Support Forum - I am BUMPING this thread - with hopes someone can help Sandy. She has most of the work down already, however there seems to be an issue (maybe with the encoding) when a parameter is used in the URL for the GA call.

It may be something simple like an & or a ? - is there someone that can assist?

Thanks

Mike

Qlik

BUMP!!!

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

I had raised a ticket with Qlikview and they mentioned that since we are using QVSource which is a third party connector to pull custom segment data in Qlikview, I need to check with QVSource support.

Thanks!

Janaki Venkitasubramanian

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I've found a way, if you want, you can see here:

http://bit.ly/1PQZ0Wj

Best Regards,