Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with two separate calenders associated with one chart

Hi,

I have a pivot chart where i'm showing sum of study credits earned by a student per study year. I have a "master" calender that is associated with date of registration of the study, and this calender includes the study year used as a dimension in the chart.

In my model there is also data about the presence of the student for the study year (present or absent). However this data is not linked to the "master" calender due other reason within the file.

What I would like to add to the chart, is that if the the sum of the earned study credits in zero and the the student was absent during the spesific study year, a text 'Absent' would show in the presentation. If the student was present, but earned zero credits, a zero or line would be shown. However i cannot find a way to do this as the study year of the earned study is not associated with the precense of the study year.

Example what i'm aiming for:

Student number2008-20092009-20102010-20112011-2012
23424230-Absent23
563453453AbsentAbsent1435

I was looking in triggers (like when sheet was activated, the study year of the earned study and the study year of presence would be the same) but couldn't find anything helpfull.

Is there a way to do this without linking the study years of the student presence in to the master calender?

Thanks alot!!

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

And of course as a newbie i mistyped the header of the problem There is only one calender, but also another time period.