Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramonarcusa36
Contributor III
Contributor III

Printing issue

Hi you all.

I have a QV document that I need printing. I'm able to print it fine when I'm working with a square screen but not in a widescreen.

When I open the document in the widescreen, there is a blank area between the right side of my chart and the screen frame. I assume this behavior it's logical on the screen. But when I print the document, I get the same blank area in the paper.

Is there any solution for my problem? I need the document to be printed properly, no matter how it's adjusted to the screen.

Thanks in advance.

###############################################################

Tengo un documento QV que necesito imprimir. Observo que desde mi pantalla cuadrada puedo imprimirlo perfectamente pero no en una pantalla panorámica.

Cuando abro el QV en la pantalla panorámica, sobra un trozo en blanco por la derecha del gráfico. Asumo que es lógico que en pantalla se comporte así. Pero no entiendo por qué cuando imprimo el documento, también sobra un trozo en blanco bastante grande en el papel.

¿Hay alguna solución para esto? Necesito que el documento se imprima bien, independientemente de si en pantalla se ve mejor o peor ajustado.

Gracias por adelantado.

1 Reply
Not applicable

I have noticed a similar issue when viewing files on monitors with different aspect ratios. What exactly are you trying to print? A single chart? An entire tab?

What method are you using? File>Print Sheet? Right click on tab and click Print?

When I try to print from a maximized window, I get the whole tab, plus extra space on the right. If I restore the tab down to something smaller than the contents, I get just the contents with a small buffer on the side. It seems like the size of your QlikView window affects what is printed.

You could also use View>Resize Window to get the window down to a smaller size and reduce the empty space on your printing.

If you need precise printing, I suggest switching to a report.