Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MEJ
Contributor III
Contributor III

Prevent other super users to reload "my" application.

I have developed many Qlikview applications. 

As I am in the process to handing over some of the applications to another user, I would like to prevent that person to accidentally reload the script, and overwriting any QVD files, etc., in case he/she would alter the script.

Is it possible for that person, just being able to look at the scripts, and not being able to reload the application?

Theoretically it could be a disaster if my files are being corrupted.

Hope I explained it enough. I hope I can use my login name as the only one who can reload the application.

2 Replies
andrei_delta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

hi,

i think i have an idea. Make a hidden script where you can put a script like the one below and maybe throw in an error message using the error variables or a message box if you can where you can tell the user why the reload failed. 

If OSUser()<>'YourOSUser' then
exit Script;
ENDIF

I hope it helps or at least i gave you an idea 🙂

marcus_sommer

Another way could be to disable the reload within the document-properties in tab security whereby AFAIK it will need to use also section access to avoid that the user simply changed these settings again.

Beside this if the user could see the script he/she could simply copy it into another application and reload it there and just copy & paste the sheet-objects too. Therefore it will remain a risk.

Probably better would be to use a multi-layer staging with generator --> datamodel --> report and the report used just a binary load.

Beside this all it would be a good idea to have enough BACKUP's ...

- Marcus