cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot table needs reload to be correct

Hi,

I am new to QlikView.

We have a setup that has a QlikMart (QVW) to build the data model. We use an "app" (QVW) to build the Visuals/reports/sheets. Then it's published. I work directly on the server via Remote Desktop.

I open the "app" and select the correct sheet (Contacts). The Pivot table there is populated with some data but not correct (e.g. one value is 27). I press the reload button which reloads the QlikMart again (binary) and is fetching some lines. Now the values in the Pivot are correct (value before is now 38). The calculation is a Count (distinct....) and used/defined as a $(variable).

The problem is that this reload cant be done on the published QVW hence that value stays wrong (27).

Why do the QlikMart needs to be reloaded to have correct values? What can I do to avoid this so it is correct the first time? Or how do I fix this so it works on the published QVW.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

We solved it.

I would have sworn I had tried it more than one time. But the fix was to remove the selection in:

- Initial Data Reduction....

- Prohibit Binary Load

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Are you using Qlikview Server? If so, did you create and enable a reload task for the qlikview document in the QMC of your Qlikview Server?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Yes. I can reload the whole sequence of jobs etc. and rebuild everything. The result is the same. The accesspoint is not correct.

First time I open the "app" the pivot is not correct (e.g. build on a partial load or something).

Once I hit reload. The Binary is loaded again and everything is correct. However the accesspoint is (of course) still not updated.

Not applicable
Author

We solved it.

I would have sworn I had tried it more than one time. But the fix was to remove the selection in:

- Initial Data Reduction....

- Prohibit Binary Load