cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pivot Table : conditionally showing expression

Hello All,

I have a pivot table with 4 dimension and 6 expressions, I want to conditionally show metrics\expressions under the dimension. So in below screenshot all metrics are visible, but the requirement is to show Metric 1 for Category as H and L while Metric 2 when category in only L while Metric 4 should be visible only when Category is L and M.Capture.PNG

I tried conditional in expressions tab its not working .

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

The conditional on expression tab works globally for the chart, not per (any) dimensional value.

The only solution I can see is creating an artificial dimension that is linked to certain dimensional value combinations only, and then create a single expression that branches into several expressions based on that artificial dimension value.

There are some examples here in the forum how you can do that.

dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Sanketh,

I'm still working on your sample. But up to now how about something like this,

1. Create 3 charts on top one another and use Category in the set analysis expression. (For category H there will e only expressions you need, for other categories as well)

2. Set the visibility and movability based on your selection to make it working fine.

Rgds,

Tharindu

andrei_delta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

I tried something and...hope this is what you are looking for. I can't figure out how to put the app here but i'll put the code.

For metric 1, click conditional : if(match(GetFieldSelections(Category),'H, L'),1,0);

For metric 2, click conditional: Category='L';

For metric 4, click conditional : if(match(GetFieldSelections(Category),'L, M'),1,0) .

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Andrei