Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Performance conditions during data load

Hello everybody.

I have a data model that depending on the movement type it has to populate several indicators and this indicators need to be presented in several monetary values (USD, CRC, MXN... in total 8 currencies) of and volume conversions (Pounds, KG, LB, Spanish Pounds).

There area total of 10 movement types and each of it affect a single indicador, for this I created an applymap with if conditions for each movement type, something like this:

if(applymap('MovementsMap',[MovementType]) = '01',Import) as Indicator1,
if(applymap('MovementsMap',[MovementType]) = '02',Import) as Indicator2,
if(applymap('MovementsMap',[MovementType]) = '03',Import) as Indicator3........ and so on for the 10 movement types.

This is done during data load from the source. After this I used a preceding load to determine each of this indicators in their respective currency.
That means that I have another 8 conditions conversions for each indicator.

Obviously this is causing a lot of time consuming during data load because of all the conditions (10 x 8).
Is there any other way to do this in an optimized way?

thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I was able to really improve the performace by using some kind of bit mapping index.

First step was to create flags for all the concepts and then on a nested load just multiply those flag by the amount of each ratio. Voalá, from 1hr to 5 minutes... pretty neat, uh?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
llauses243
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

try load all data (vía select) after to interpreter (vía load) this last in-memory (all in script during load), key facility of Qlikview.

Good luck for you & chi chi viva Chile, Luis.

Not applicable
Author

I was able to really improve the performace by using some kind of bit mapping index.

First step was to create flags for all the concepts and then on a nested load just multiply those flag by the amount of each ratio. Voalá, from 1hr to 5 minutes... pretty neat, uh?