Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Performance Issue...Share your Experience!

hello Everyone,

I want to ask which type of data source files work  best with QlikView....for example we have a choice to have our source files in different file formats like

1-.bin

2-.csv

3-.sql

4-.log

5-.txt

which format is best for data source in terms of  performance.?

And if Relational DataBase like MySQL  works best with QlikView? or we should use NoSql?

Share your experience please.

Regards,

Salman

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Salman,

I'd say there is no best answer for this. In regards to formats, it all depends on how many functions do you need to apply to the files in order to clean them up and get the data properly to make further analyses with it. It seems that all of them are plain text files, and all of them should perform quite the same in QlikView.

In regards to the RDBM again, it depends on your driver, how the server is configured, 32 or 64 bit architecture...

Finally, I'd say: whenever possible, use QVDs. Of course you will need to pull data before using them, but once you do a LOAD, do a STORE into QVD files. These are, by far, (and with the possible exception of binary loads) the fastest way to load data into QlikView. Check the Partner Portal and the QlikCommunity about "three tier" architecture, that is, roughly speaking, using one file to pull raw data from data sources and store it into QVD files, a second file pulling from QVDs and creating the data model, and a third one that has all design and layout elements and pulls data from the second file by means of a binary load (super fast as well).

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

thanks Miguel