cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eiconsulting
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Passing parameters from one qvw file to another

I saw some posts but none shows a simple way to pass one or two parameters to a new .qvw file you open with a button, such as from a "parent" menu app to a child data-crunching app.

Any hints at where to look for?

Thanks

Flavio

Federico Sason | Emanuele Briscolini
26 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Flavios,

I've tried your macro and it works just fine in desktop, but wen I move it to the access point, it won't work in IE any idea why? Thanks in advance! Regards

jaime_aguilar
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Macros don't work when you open QV apps in Ajax Client. In order to make the Macro work, you have two options:

• Open the QV app with IE plugin
  • Open the QV directly in QlikView Desktop through the option "Open in server" (with the WebView mode OFF)

Unfortunately if you use other Browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, etc) you won't be able to see the functionality of Macros. For that matter, you would have to create/get an extension with an equivalent functionality of the macro

Regards

bhanupriyag
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Mahasweta,

I have the same scenario which you mentioned in the above.

I tried to pass variable using macro.

I succeeded but what the problem is the macro is not working in accesspoint and I cant able to pass variable for multiple qvw's (my requirement is to pass for multiple qvws ) and also I can not able to come back to previous doc.

can you help me on this??

Thanks in Advance

Not applicable

HI All,

Could you tell me the syntax of passing variable from one QVW to Other QVW file, Just like did for Selections?

means what I need to write at the end of URL. eg. & SET Variable=vVariable,0.....

Thanks Allot!,

Bhuvan

Not applicable

Hi All,

I got reply in this thread: https://community.qlik.com/message/410752#410752

Over there I get reply from Cristof that variable passing is not possible.  So what I did is I made inline and made it as hidden filter and based on that I changed the variable and then passed the selection using URL.

Thanks Allot!,

Bhuvan

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the similar requirement

Can you please give me the link for "What's New in QV9.qvw" file to view the "Finance Controlling.qvw".

Rocky6
Creator
Creator

We have to pass a set of parameters from one App to another App. We have to pass 3 parameter like start date , end date & report name from one app to another. Based on these parameters the second app has to refresh the data set. Can i have a solution for this ?