Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmengual
Contributor
Contributor

Open document from another and make selection with IE Plugin

Hi,

I would like to open one QlikView document from another and make a simple selection with IE Plugin. I have built this macro

Sub OpenDoc

set App = ActiveDocument.GetApplication
       set myDoc = App.OpenDoc ("qvp://MyDocument.qvw","","")
       myDoc.Fields("Field1").Select “2013”

end sub

That works fine with the desktop client, but if launch with the IE Plugin Client I got this: “Error: Object required: ‘myDoc’”.

I have tried also to make an action that Opens an URL and at the end of the url add ‘&Select=LB01,2013. This also
works fine but only for the AJAX Client, not for the IE Plugin.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
Not applicable

Not sure if I understand you completely, but if you want to open a qlikview document from another and apply some selections in the newly opened document then you can do as follows:

1. Write an action to open a qv doc on whatever event you want:

Action Type: External

Action: Open Qlikview Document

2. Now, in the second document, write the action "select In Field" "Onopen" of the document.

Event: On Open (Document Triggers)

Action Type:Selection

Action: Select in Field

And add the field name and value which you want to select.

Hope this helps, if not then post a sample app and it will be easier to resolve the issue.

jmengual
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Shyamal,

thank you very much for your fast answer. What you send me would work, but I want to make this selection only when I open Document2 from Document1. Users may open Document2 directly and in this case the selection should not be made. I attach two documents to make easier what I am looking for.

What I want is from document1 open document 2 with a selection of Field1 with IE Plugin

Thanks

simongoodman
Creator
Creator

Hi Jorge

I am trying to do basically the same thing. Did you get it working?

I looked at your macro and tried a variation but could not get to open the Client doc. I may have the incorrect syntax or an incorrect doc pathway.

Simon

jmengual
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Simon,

I send you the macro I am using. The part of opening the document should work to you, the only problem I have is in selecting the field. I have asked for QlikView support. If I get any answer, I let you know.

Regards,

Jorge

Sub OpenDoc

set App = ActiveDocument.GetApplication

set myDoc = App.OpenDoc ("qvp://<MyServer>/<Folders_from_Published_folder>/Document2.qvw","","")

myDoc.Fields("Field1").Select "2013"

end sub