cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open a Sheet on button click

Hi All,

I have 8 sheets in a dashoboard. In Customer sheet, I have given 1 button, on click of which I activate "Customer Details" sheet. But, I want to hide this sheet when we open the Dashboard. It should be visible on buton's click and when I click on Close buttin it should close.

So, how to hide this sheet when I open my dashboard.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use the Show condition on general tab of that sheet properties.

Use a variable in the condition

=If(vShowSheet,1,0)

and set this variable in the button actions to 1 and to zero with a OnOpen document trigger.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use the Show condition on general tab of that sheet properties.

Use a variable in the condition

=If(vShowSheet,1,0)

and set this variable in the button actions to 1 and to zero with a OnOpen document trigger.

saimahasan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi

Create a variable with value 0.

In "Customer Details" sheet, give conditional as if(variable=1,1,0).

In Dashboard sheet, set the trigger for the button to set the variable as 1.

In Application, under document properties, set OnOpen under Triggers->Document Event Triggers. Set the variable as 0.

You are done....

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Ishita,

If you follow Stefan's advice you can add this action to your button

Set variable, vShowSheet to:

=1-$(vShowSheet)

Now repeatedly clicking the button will toggle the value of vShowSheet between 0 and 1. You can change the text on your button depending on the value, you can alternate between Show Customer Details and Hide Customer Details and then you can put a copy of one button on your customer details sheet and the other sheets.

Kind regards

Andrew

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

See this example

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry but I cannot open the application as I don't have the license

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

swuehl‌ ... Its coming correct but the Sheet should activate or pop up directly on the button click ... its only visible as of now..I need to go to that sheet .. Please help.

Button created on sheet 1 - SH01

Sheet should be activated - SH07

Also, I have created 1 button on SH07 and set variable action to 0 so that SH07 should get closed and my control goes back to SH01.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

For your first button, create an additional action Layout - Activate Sheet and enter your SH07 ID to activate.

If your variable action is set correct, I think there is nothing more to do for your button on SH07, doesn't it hide the sheet and navigate back to SH01?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes I did that Thanks...Thanks Thanks a ton